Monday, November 14, 2011

Quoth the Raven...(Poetic stencil how-to)

I was having a time deciding what the heck to do next.  I came around to my favorite poem, "The Raven." But how can I apply that to a t-shirt? Something came to me about words in a stencil. Alas another use for the fabulous Tee Juice fine line pen!
I found a basic outline of a raven and printed it out on regular paper. I cut out the raven shape and decided where to put it. I decided on back left upper shoulder area with the bird facing towards the center of my body. I copied the part of the poem where the raven shows up making sure I overlapped the edges of the stencil like so.
I made sure I continued the wording even through the legs so it didn't look like I jumped around.
And here's what it looked like after I lifted the stencil...

Since I overlapped the edges it kept the shape of the stencil better than just starting at the edge.

close up
So if you have a favorite poem, why not copy it onto your own t-shirt?

No comments:

Post a Comment